Mojosmusings
5.13.2006
  Don't know 'em, but I might... I just realized there's a certain class of entertainer/author/celebrity that I have a weird relationship to. These are people my age and attended either NYC high schools or Ivy-plus colleges where I knew at least a few people. They have blogs/websites, and share my sense of humor. I don't actually know any of them, but I feel like I do, which is a little strange. The most recent ones to fall into this category are:

Jon Coulton, a snarky Yalie troubador who lives in my neighborhood
Eugene Mirman, an "alt-comic" who grew up in Brooklyn and went to Hampshire
Gary Steyngart, a Stuyvesant/Oberlin grad who writes funny novels

They're not like real celebs from planet hollywood or anything, just thirtish geeks who're doing cool stuff in a fairly successful way. But the strange thing is I interact with them mostly the same way I interact with many of the people I actually do know -- by reading their blogs and seeing things they've done online.

Come to think of it, I'm probably not the first person to think of this... 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Too silly for Fusilli

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / November 2009 / February 2012 /


Powered by Blogger