Mojosmusings
7.28.2005
  Abroad at Home I'm on vacation. But I'm not going anywhere. Instead of taking a vacation from my life, I'm taking a vacation in my life. Instead of dealing with airports, hotels, and entertaining a 2-year-old in unfamiliar places, I'm basically exploring what it would be like to be unemployed with plenty of money, at least for a limited time. So, I'm fixing up the back yard, reading some novels I've been meaning to get to, going to karate, and spending time with my wife and kid without checking my email or taking calls every 5 minutes.
It's funny that the difference is so pronounced, since as a telecommuter, it's not like this is a big change of scene. But it's amazing how much the reprieve from the barrage of email/calls/deadlines matters to my mental state.
I heartily encourage all telecommuters to try a vacation at home next time around to reconnect to your domestic space as a domestic space. 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Too silly for Fusilli

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / November 2009 / February 2012 /


Powered by Blogger