Mojosmusings
4.01.2005
  From the Halls of Justice -- Brooklyn Style! So I'm on jury duty today, but oddly, there are two public terminals here in the jury duty waiting room, or as it's known, "The Juror's Lounge." I'd like to open a bar with that name someday. Well, not really.

I actually got a "Judicial Court Hearing" subpoena, which gives you another 2 month extension if you want it (after you haul your ass down to the court house at 8:45 AM to prove you're not a total deadbeat, and thus eligible for an arrest warrant for contempt). But since I was here anyway and had already blocked off the whole day, I figured I'd get it over with. Of course, in Brooklyn, it's a two-day, 9-to-5 commitment (it's only one day in Boston, and they let you go after dismissing you from a jury), so here I am. I don't know what the time limit is on this public terminal, but for now, this isn't that different from telecommuting. Just noisier, less convenient, and worse lighting.

More later, if the opportunity presents itself.... 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Too silly for Fusilli

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / March 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / November 2009 / February 2012 /


Powered by Blogger